This policy regulates the practices of AHEX management of personal information collected from our website.
The purpose of this policy is to outline the transparency and practices we apply under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any subsequent Malta legislation covering data protection.
Please be aware for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation we are the data controller
Collection and Use of Personal Information through our Website
CIC generally collects and uses personal information from or about its website users as follows:
- Information provided by users.In many cases, AHEX collects personal information directly from users when they visit or use the website. For instance, AHEX may collect the following types of information:
- Inquiries and Build-My-Benchmark. AHEX may collect users’ name, contact information, e-mail address and any other information provided when users make an inquiry or contact AHEX through the website, when users sign up to receive AHEX’s newsletter and when users partake in the Build-My-Benchmark. AHEX will only use this information to process and answer users’ request or to manage everyday business needs through AHEX or our Delivery Partners based on Users geographical location.
- Personalisation of Website.When users visit the website, they may, from time to time, be invited to provide information such as user’s title to help AHEX personalise or customise the users experience when using the website.
- Personal Information from other Sources.AHEX may obtain from third parties additional personal information about a website user if such user gave permission to those third parties to share its information.
When users visit the website, AHEX may collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information. This information may include information about visits to the website, including the IP address of the users’ computer and which browser was used to view the website, the users’ operating system, resolution of screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site the user came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information entered, advertisements seen, etc. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of the website or enhance the experience for users. While most of the time this information is depersonalised, if this information relates to an identifiable individual, AHEX will treat this information as personal information. AHEX may also, without limitations, collect and use the following type of information when users visit and/or interact with AHEX on the website:
- Google Analytics: AHEX uses Google Analytics which allows it to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. Users may opt-out of AHEX’s use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- HubSpot: AHEX uses HubSpot which allows it to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. However, this information is not depersonalised and users may not opt-out of AHEX’s use of HubSpot.
- Google AdWords: AHEX uses Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise AHEX across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to the website. AdWords remarketing will display ads to users based on what parts of the AHEX website they have viewed by placing a cookie on the users’ web browser. It could mean that AHEX advertises to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on the site or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify the user or give access to the users’ computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that the user has visited a particular page on the website, so that they may show the user ads relating to that page. If users do not wish to participate in Google AdWords Remarketing, they can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager
- ClickDimentions We use a Customer Relationship Management service called “Click Dimensions”. This system sets cookies in your browser to enable us to understand user behaviour, improve our service and provide users with more relevant information. For more information about Click Dimensions please visit their website.
- Privacy Policies of other Websites.This Policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information by AHEX. Other websites that may be accessible through the website have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices.
Sharing of Personal Information
AHEX will not sell, rent or trade personal information to any third party. However, AHEX may share personal information when authorised and/or required by law or as follows:
- Service providers (Delivery Partners).AHEX may grant access to personal information to third party service providers (Delivery Partners) in connection with the delivery of our website data, AHEX will ensure that the third party maintains reasonable data management practices for maintaining the confidentiality and security of personal information and preventing unauthorised access.
- As permitted or required by law.AHEX may disclose personal information as required by applicable law or by proper legal or governmental authority. AHEX may also disclose information to its accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of its legal rights. AHEX may also release certain personal information if we are under any legal obligation to do so.
Security of Personal Information
- AHEX will store and process the personal information in a manner consistent with industry security standards. AHEX has implemented technical, organisational and administrative systems, policies, and procedures to help ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of personal information and to mitigate the risk of unauthorised access to or use of personal information, including (i) appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards and other security measures designed to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information it manages; (ii) a security design intended to prevent any compromise of its own information systems, computer networks or data files by unauthorised users, viruses or malicious computer programs; (iii) appropriate internal practices including, but not limited to, encryption of data in transit; using appropriate firewall and antivirus software; maintaining these countermeasures, operating systems and other applications with up-to-date virus definitions and security patches so as to avoid any adverse impact to the personal information that it manages; appropriate logging and alerts to monitor access controls and to assure data integrity and confidentiality; permitting only authorised users access to systems and applications; and (iv) all persons with authorised access to personal information must have a genuine business need-to-know prior to access (“Security Program”).
Training and Supervision
AHEX maintains adequate training programs to ensure that its employees and any others acting on its behalf are aware of and adhere to its Security Program. AHEX shall exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over its relevant employees to maintain appropriate confidentiality and security of the personal information it manages.
How to Contact Us
Any questions or complaints regarding this Policy or AHEX handling of personal information can be addressed by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org
AHEX will review and update its policies and procedures as required to keep current with rules and regulations, new technologies, standards and customer concerns. This Policy may therefore change from time to time.